Discover the surrounding area of Badhotel Egmond aan Zee
Badhotel Egmond aan Zee is about 50 meters from the main access to the wide sandy beach and at the edge of the delightful village of Egmond. Egmond aan Zee began as a fishing village, but it has been a tourist centre since the beginning of the last century. You can still find many reminders of its past as both a fishing and tourist centre.
More than just sunbathing or walking
The Jan van Speyck lighthouse has a prominent position on Egmond's boulevard. Wherever you are in the village, you can see the lighthouse. The wide sandy beach with its many facilities, such as beach pavilions and sailing or surfing, offers more than just sunbathing or walking.
Much to offer
The village of Egmond aan Zee has much to offer its holiday guests. Terraces, restaurants, a subtropical swimming paradise, sports facilities and a shopping area. And nature lovers will certainly want to visit the dune reserve, a magnificent scenic area that begins where the buildings of Egmond aan Zee end.
The famous city of cheese, Alkmaar, with its many shops, monuments, courtyards, gables and canals, is located just around the corner and is certainly worth a visit.
- Walking along the beach, through the woods, the dunes and on the heath
- Subtropical swimming paradise De Watertoren
- Traditional cheese market in Alkmaar
- The Egmond Museum
- A visit to the tulip fields in the area
- Climb the 132 steps of the lighthouse at Egmond
- Marine Aquarium Bergen aan Zee
- Visitors Centre Het Zandspoor in Schoorl
- Benedictine Abbey in Egmond-Binnen
- The Zaanse Redoubt
- Assumburg Manor House in Heemskerk